A placement cell was initiated in Peet Memorial Training College in the year 2011 with a view to provide placement assistance for our would-be teachers in various secondary and higher secondary educational institutions inside and outside Kerala. The placement cell acts as a liaison officer between the interests and aptitude of the student teachers and the recruiting agencies. The placement cell helps the student teachers in preparing resumes, provides technical guidance and knowledge on different pedagogies and school related experiences through various activities. Peet Memorial Training College is trying the level best to develop the potential of the teacher trainees through rigorous practical exposure and interactions. Several workshops and skill development programmes are being conducted in the institution to improve the teaching skills as well as soft skills of the prospective teachers to meet the requirement of the recruiters. It is well supported by both faculty members as well as students.
The main objectives of the placement cell include:-
- To create a database of the probable recruiters.
- To enable the students to prepare and update a resume of their own.
- To act as a liaison unit for plugging the gap between recruiters and the would-be teachers.
- To organise seminars and workshops on teaching skills as well as soft skills.
- To provide guidance for students to prepare for competitive exams.
- To help students to understand the opportunities open to them and the required input for the goal one sets.
- To keep track of the current status of our ex-students and to record their needs.
- Providing information regarding potential job opportunities after completing B.Ed. course.
- Interact with schools and arrange interviews.
- Organise career orientation programmes.
- Provide training in resume writing.
- Arranging interactions with renowned personalities.
- Providing school based experiences through various activities.
- Conducting Teaching Aptitude Test at the entry point
- Communicate with employers furnishing the details of students.
- Guiding students to prepare for different competitive examinations like NET, SET etc.