As suggested by UGC, a Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted in the institution with a view to take care of the complaints and grievances of the students and redress it as per requirement. Students are encouraged to submit their grievances on academic or non academic matter either through the grievance collection box. The grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. The cell tries to solve the grievance within stipulated time. Students can either approach the members/coordinator of the cell or any of their other teachers as is comfortable to them. Grievance may also be sent through email to the coordinator of students’ grievance Redressal cell.
The objective behind the establishment of Grievance Redressal Cell is to resolve cases related to students in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institution. The cell examines and scrutinizes the grievances and complaints of the students and adopts appropriate measures to redress it by keeping the following objectives in mind,
- To create a platform for the students to express their grievances freely and frankly.
- To ensure strife free atmosphere in the institution by promoting cordial relationship among students and teachers.
- To establish the students on their duties and responsibilities that should be followed in the institution.
- To institute a monitoring mechanism to oversee the functioning of the Grievance Redressal Policy.
- To advice students to respect the right and dignity of each other.
- To prevent ragging in and outside the institution.
- To instruct the students to retrain from all antisocial activities.
- To provide suggestions to overcome the problems.