Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Functions of IQAC
- To serve as a guiding light for the institution towards excellence
- To give recommendations for decision making to improve institutional functioning
- .Act as a nodal agency for coordinating various activities towards quality enhancement of the institution and institutionalization of best practices.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Documentation of various programmes and activities leading to quality improvement
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters
- Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- .Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Conduct of the internal academic audit to assess the annual progress of departments and the Institution