The commerce department started in the year 2000. Students of this department hold a Master‘s Degree in commerce. Mrs. Sheeja R. is in charge of this department. Subject association ‘Commercio’ is functioning effectively in the college.
- To equip student teachers with necessary skills and competencies for teaching commerce at higher secondary level.
- To develop skill in analysing the content of higher secondary commerce text books.
- To equip prospective teachers in developing teaching skills through micro teaching practices.
- To develop the ability to use rubrics for quality assessment and become equipped for self and peer assessment.
- To capacitate student teachers in designing lesson templates.
- To provide training to student teachers for preparing innovative teaching learning materials.
- To help the student teachers in adopting modern Innovative strategies for teaching Accountancy.
- To conscientize the prospective teachers to become techno – pedagogue.
- To enable the student teachers in designing digital texts and e-content in commerce disciplines.
- To prepare the prospective teachers to act as a reflective practitioner.
- To get acquainted with the principles and practices in feedback mechanisms.
- To generate a professional aspiration among young generations by preparing them for competitive exams.
- Sheeja R.
Asst. Prof. in Commerce Education M.Com, M.Ed. Joining Date 10-06-2009
- Identified Relevant Problem areas in teaching and learning of commerce for practicums and field works
- Prepared Lesson transcripts using different models of teaching, constructivist approach
- Prepared Achievement test and Diagnostic test in Accountancy and Business studies
- Utilized various web resources like Blogs, e-journals, educational dictionaries, encyclopedias for transacting curriculum
- Prepared and provided a course outline for the concerned course in the teacher education programme.
- Innovative teaching strategies like think pair share method, Barnstorming etc. were adopted for curriculum transaction.
- Compilation of PowerPoint presentation prepared by student teachers on concepts in commerce.
- Compilation of PowerPoint presentation on pertinent topic related to methodology and pedagogy of teaching commerce.
- Peer tutoring were arranged after college hours and during holidays
- Online tutoring sections were provided using g-talk
- remedial teaching for slow learners after college hours
- Created a class blog for uploading learning materials
- Organized a workshop on “Demonstration and fine-tuning of Micro teaching skills” for teacher Educations in commerce .
- Providing ideas for preparing innovative materials for teaching commerce.
- Organized Debate competition, quiz competition for student teachers and higher secondary school students.
- Oriented and Demonstrated Micro-teaching skills for student teachers.
- Students were provided ample opportunities for practicing Micro teaching skills.
- Collected MCQ’s on Business Environment, Banking and Business Management.
- Collected resources for preparing a Rank file on Commerce
- Collected resources for preparing Glossary on commerce, workbook for plus one and plus two business studies
- Eloquency Training Programme was organized in the commerce classroom to develop the eloquency skill of commerce student teachers.
- Assisted in the development and maintenance of student blogs.
- Ensured that TPCK – Techno Pedagogical Content Knowledge – was ingeniously integrated into the curricular framework through a range of activities that efficiently utilized technology.
- Demonstrated and put in practice a model for the teacher trainees by encouraging them to submit their assignments online.
- Led the development of individual class magazines at the school level, where the teacher trainees were appointed as practising teachers
- Initiated the development of a class library with books received as contributions from alumni and other well-wishers.
- Provided teacher trainees the basic information regarding the formulation of a brief research report and familiarised them with the steps involved through careful preparation and presentation of their practicum reports.
- Initiated pair work and group work activities in class with an intent to develop the trainees’ skills in cooperative learning and social productivity.
Subject Association ‘COMMERCIO’ is functioning effectively from 2009 onwards. ‘COMMERCIO’ has organised various events in the department
- Published MCQ’s on various subjects like Business Environment and Business Management.
- Published a ‘Rank file’ on commerce based on Net syllabus.
- Published a Glossary on commerce.
- Published two work books for plus one and plus two business studies.
- Published ‘Beginning to End’ comprising of basic terminologies in commerce.
- Published a handbook titled the ‘Basic concepts in Accounting’.
- Organised Debate competitions, Quiz programmes and seminars for student teachers and higher secondary school students.
- Method Lab
- Interactive White Board
- Class Library