The library and information centre of the college is situated on the ground floor. It has an adequate holding in terms of books, journals, other learning materials and facilities for technology aided learning which enable students to acquire information, knowledge and skills required for their study. The library offers its services to about 250 users comprising teacher trainees and teaching and non- teaching faculty of this college. The library has a key role in supporting the academic activities of the institution by establishing, maintaining and promoting library and information resources. It supports the teaching and research programmes of the college by maximizing access to the information. The reading room of the library is well ventilated, well lighted and spacious with good seating arrangements. Three of our faculty members are approved research guides of Bharathiyar University, and Kerala University and the research students guided by them are also making use of the library with special permission on request.
The library has six computers for browsing, NList and OPAC. One computer is mainly intended for accession library books. The other one is for circulation of books. HP server is in the library to ensure the data is safe. Automated and manual registers are maintained to monitor the frequency of use.
Book are arranged in the library as per the DDC scheme (Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme)
Books and shelves are arranged from 000 general to 999 Extraterrestrial worlds.
Click on the link to view the 1000 subdivisions of DDC.
If you know the corresponding number of DDC you can directly go to your subject area. We have placed labels and directions for different subject area. You can search your document in OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) from any computer in Library, Computer lab etc.
Here is the directions to search in OPAC
How to print a document
If you want to print a document that you created or saved from internet, please save a copy of the same to the shared drive (Local disk D )
As per the dicisions of the Library committee
Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Saturday 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Book lending,-Student have to fill a form to issue or return of books. Circulation is also done in the software also.2books for students, 10 books for teachers and 5 books for PG students for a period of 14 days.
- Reference-We have a good reference collection of around 2500 books. This will not be issued outside.
- Nlist -Our library subscribing Nlist (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for ScholarlyContent). The N-LIST project provides access to e-resources to students, researchers and facultyfrom colleges and other beneficiary institutions through server(s) installed at the INFLIBNET Centre.The authorized users from colleges can now access e-resources and download articles required bythem directly from the publisher’s website once they are duly authenticated as authorized usersthrough servers deployed at the INFLIBNET Centre.
- OPAC-You can search your document in OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) from any computer inLibrary, Computer lab etc.
- Printing and Photocopy-Printing digital documents on payment. Photocopy facility provided only for reference books.
- Scanning -Scanning facility is in the library for academic purposes.
- Web browsing6 computers installed in the library for web browsing, Nlist search and OPAC. Only academic worksare permitted in the library. No extra fee for web browsing. Student need to enter their name andadmission number in a register to use computers.
- e-book library-We are running a simple e book library using the free software Calibre contains more than 1100ebooks. Training will be given to use the e library
- email updates from the library -We constantly updates our new updates and news to our users through email.
- computer and Internet-Six computers are installed to browse to help students and teachers in their academic pursuits. Freeinternet is made available.
- Journal current contents -Journal current content will be sent to both teachers and students.
- New arrivals display -New books will be displayed in the library for a period of 15 to 30 days.
- Total Books 20012
- Reference books 750
- Dictionaries 139
- Encyclopedia 261
- Academic Journals 15
- Magazines 26
- Newspaper 4
- E-books 550
- Educational CDs 500
- Question papers 2003-
- Journal back volumes
- College Magazines
- Photo Albums
Varamozhi,The Reading Club is established to encourage the younger generation to use the resources of Peet memorial training College Library and to inculcate an ambience of library centered learning for the multi-faceted development of individuals, contributing to nation building.
The club aims to:
- Initiate discussions based on books, articles and blogs relating to socially relevant issues.
- Stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and evaluating information.
- Help students learn more about the centre and to promote reading books and technology.
- Improve the centre and its services.
- Organize visits to important libraries.
Interested students and teachers can join the club.
Reading Club Secretary : Ms. Anju Sekhar, Dept. of Physical Science
Here is the list of Varamozhi Members
- Silence to be Maintained
- No discussion Permitted inside the library
- No Personal Belongings allowed inside the library
- Textbooks, Printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library
- Phone calls and playing audio instruments with speaker are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Punch in the biometric device when you enter and exit the library.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- The bag, briefcases, laptop bag ,etc are NOT ALLOWED to take inside the library. It can be deposited in the property counter provided near the entrance of the library.
- A Student will close the privilege of borrowing book if he /she repeatedly returns the books late or damages the books in any form.
- Overdue Charges
- Book will be issued to the students for 14days only. In the last page a slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged@ Rs.1 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
- Book lost
- If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
- No due certificate
- Each student Shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, before second year examination and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
- Care of library BooksStudents are require to handle the books/journal very carefully; marking with pencil, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
Who can be a Member ?
- Faculty Members
- Administrative staff
- Faculty members of the Lab School
How can be a Member ?
Faulty members and administrative staff will be members from the time of appointment. Students can fill out a form and submit to the library.
Tony Cherian College Librarian Date of Joining 12-08-2003
Smiju Thankachan Lib. Assistant