Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Functions of IQAC
1.To serve as a guiding light for the institution towards excellence
2.To give recommendations for decision making to improve institutional functioning
3.Act as a nodal agency for coordinating various activities towards quality enhancement of the institution and institutionalization of best practices
4.Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
5.Documentation of various programmes and activities leading to quality improvement
6.Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters
7.Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
8.Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
9.Conduct of the internal academic audit to assess the annual progress of departments and the Institution
ACTIVITIES OF IQAC (2014 -2015)
- Workshop on the Usage of Interactive White Board for staff.
- Observance of World AIDS Day and Human Rights Day
- Releasing ceremony of the book ‘Teaching Science – for Biological and Physical Science authored by Dr. Mariamma Mathew was held on 15/01/2015.
- Class on ‘Brid Monitoring’ was held on 10/12/2015.
- Seminar on ‘Empowering Youth towards Excellence held on 13/02/2015.
- Seminar cum Workshop on ‘Best Practices, Curricular reforms and Innovations for Quality Surbence and Enhancement’ held on 19th and 20th Feb. 2015
- National Science Day celebration held on 26.02.2015 organised by ORION the Physical Science Association of the college and Kerala State Council for science Technology and Environment.
- An awareness programme of KSEB and ATREE on Energy Conservation was held on 06/03/2015.
- A class on ‘Civil Service Awareness’ was held.
10. The meetings of the members of the IQAC were held on 03/11/2015 and 09/12/2015.
Here you can read reports of UGC Major, Minor projects.State of the art reports of ongoing projects, Annual Quality Assurance Reports(AQAR), Self study reports of the college etc can be read here.
UGC Major Research Project Reports
UGC Minor Research Project Reports
Government Project Reports
1. Dr. Jibby George (Principal)
2. Mr. Thomas Uzhuvath (Education)
3. Prof. Bobby Oommen Kurien(NAAC Co-ordinator)
4. Mr.Abraham Thomas M.
5. Dr. Mariamma Mathew (IQAC Convenor)
6. Dr. Ashok Alex Philip
7. Mrs.Alie Molly Verghese
8. Dr. Sony Mary Varghese
9. Mrs. Mumthas S.
10. Mrs. Sheeja R.
11. Dr. Velayudhan Nair T.
12. Mrs. Mariamma Verghese (Office Superintendent)
13. Mr. Tony Cherian (College Librarian)
14. Gigi K. Varghese
15.Alumni Association Secretary
16. Head Mistress/Master, BH High School
17. Dr. P. J. Jacob
18. Dr. J. Exemmal
19. College Union Chairman