Dr. Mariamma Mathew
Associate Professor in Physical Science Education
Interested in science popularisation activities and use of technology in teaching/learning process and assessing students’ work using e-portfolios which is the first of its kind in teacher education sector in our country.
Current Roles in the Organisation
Asso.Prof. in Physical Science
- Sc. Physics (1st Class) Kerala University 1988
- Sc. Physics (1st Class.) Kerala University 1990
- Ed. Science Education. (1st Class) Kerala University 1991
- Ed. Science Education. & Educational Technology. (5th Rank & 1st Class) Kerala University 1993.
- D in the faculty of Education, Mahatma Gandhi University, on “A critical study of the theory-practical integration of high school physical science in Kerala awarded in 2005.
- UGC – NET in Education in 1994.
- Life Member, Council of Teacher Education (CTE)
- Research Guide in Education, University of Kerala
- Life Member, Association of International Researchers of Indian Origin (AIRIO)
- Life Member, All India Association of Educational Research (AIAER)
- Life member. Common Confederation of Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM)
Science popularisation activities and use of technology in teaching/learning process and assessing students’ work using e-portfolios which is the first of its kind in teacher education sector in our country.
Resource person in many seminars, Teacher education institutions, workshops.
Published articles in multidisciplinary, peer reviewed journals.
Editor and Associate Editor of many journals.
Participated and presented papers in many State level, National level and International seminars and conferences.
Chaired many sessions in State level, National level and International seminars and conferences.
Served as Chief, Chairman and Co-ordinating Chairman, B.Ed Degree Theory and Practical examinations, University of Kerala.
Published two books on Teaching science- for Biological and Physical Sciences.
Recognised guide in Education, University of Kerala.
Convenor, IQAC of the college.
Recepient of Major Research Project (UGC) on e- portfolios.
Conducted many science seminars, workshops.
Awards and Honours
- Received the Dr. N.P. Pillai Memorial Literary Award in Teacher Education organized by Dr. K. Sivadasan Pillai Foundation for Educational Research and Development (SPFERD).
- Received a travel grant from the UGC for attending the 17th UNESCO-APEID International Conference at Bangkok.
- Is a core committee member in the Bachelor of Education and Master of Education programme curriculum planning in science education of the University of Kerala.
- Subject expert in the preparation of source book in Bachelor of Education (Physical Science), University of Kerala.
- Subject expert in Education (Physical Science) for the preparation of 4 year integrated B.Sc., B.Ed course.
Other social activities:
Is a Sunday School teacher and is a winner in Essay competition in Marthoma Church
Is an active member of the Women’s fellowship and won prizes in singing, elocution competitions.
Is the internal auditor, Womens’ Fellowship.
Contributed articles in Sunday school magazines of the church.
Is a resource person in training camps of Sunday School teachers.
- Development of Information System on e-portfolio based knowledge generation and sharing for teacher professional development and effective educational administration
- Engagement in online teaching
- E-tivities for active online learning.
- INCORPORATING PROBLEM
- Learning through Virtual Classrooms
- LIFE SKILLS EDUCATION IN SCHOOL EFFECTIVENESS AND IMPROVEMEN…
- Professional Development In teachers
- Relevance of Online teaching in the present scenario of educ…
- RUBRICS FOR ASSESSING INTERNET BASED ACTIVITIE1
- Scientific Inquiry through Experiential Learning Strategy
- Spiritual Intelligence vis a vis Existential Intelligence
- TEACHING STUDENTS WITH LEARNING PROBLEMS AND MANAGING INSTRU…
- TECHNIQUES OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND ITS IMPACT IN CLASSROO…
- THE INTERNET
Dr. Mariamma Mathew
Peet Memorial Training College