Rev. Joseph Peet, the C.M.S missionary from England, had a broad vision of the land when he landed here in 1836. His vision focused on different areas like promotion of holistic development of students, human rights and justice, social upliftment by eradicating castes and untouchability and women empowerment through female education and vocationalised education.
The vision of this great philanthropist is adopted as the vision of the college.
GOALS & IDEALS
The college is established to provide teachers training to the young men and women of our country, especially to the members of C.S.I Madhya Kerala Diocese. It also extends education to the members of all other communities and religions as per Articles 14 and 15 of the Indian Constitution.
The Specific goals are:-
1) To produce sincere, committed and responsible teachers to strive for excellence in every field of life.
2) To develop spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic powers of the students so that they may be good citizens of the society.
3) To encourage teacher education among the weaker and socially disadvantaged sections of the society.
4) To be agents for social change leading to the progress of our motherland.
5) Educational progress depends on the calibre of the teachers who prepare men and women of quality required for the country. The college desires to inculcate in the students knowledge and appreciation of those value s which will lead to become devoted and talented teachers
“Train up the child the way he should go And when he is old, he will not depart from it. “– Proverbs 22:6
The Peet College community strives to produce intellectually competent, morally upright, socially committed spiritually inspired and God fearing, emotionally well balanced, patriotic men and women to act as role models in the service of humanity, today and for ever.